Friday, December 2, 2011

a new life

I am a married woman now. All is supposed to change. I am supposed to feel a different person now. Yet I don't feel any different than I did before the big day in my life that happened a few weeks ago. I hope I am not giving the impression of someone who is unhappy with their decision. I am very happy to be married. But I was happy before too. I am very happy with my husband but I was happy with him as my boyfriend and then as my fiance. So, the cataclysmic change that I had predicted - well I feel of that, at least not so far.

Now, mind you it is possible I feel none of that because things haven't changed since the wedding, logistically speaking. We are and will still be long distance as we were prior to the wedding for a few more months. Work has become quite stressful for both of us and to top it all I intend to apply to business schools in the next 2 months - quite an arduous task if you ask me, so my focus is elsewhere.

These days all I think about is the transition from having a job to no job, from having financial independence to being dependent on someone - until I finish business school, from living in a small city where I have lots of close friends to living in a city where for the most part I'll only know my husband.. I am also anxious to bits about getting into business school. I really really really want to get into a good MBA program. This is something I have wanted for so long I can't even remember. A lot is riding on me getting into a great MBA school.

I am sure when I start living with my husband(something I am finding very hard to get used to saying) that is when things will be really different. Perhaps that is when I'll start to feel the life altering change that people keep talking about after weddings. Or perhaps these changes happen gradually over time and not overnight.. whatever the case, I am very content with where I am in my life and where life is heading for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment