Sunday, July 3, 2011

Letting Go

It just occured to me last night how much it makes sense to let go. I have been hearing for most of my life how we should all let go of our past, our grieviences, our "should haves", "could haves" and "would haves". You see it on TV, you read it on self help books, you hear it from well meaning friends who themselves may have no idea how it's done, your yoga instructor tells you that, your personal trainer tells you that. Heck is there anyone who doesn't tell you that. You may think that it is an art that the whole world has mastered except you. Yet it is really elusive to most of us.

Last night I was watching TV and something on the screen made me remember things from life that had nothing to do with it as it often happens. In any case, it just occured to me that letting go is so easy. You just do it. And that's it. There are no twelve steps, no cleansing, no toning and followed my moisturising. It's just one step. You just let go. And if for that one second you just do it as one step, you all of a sudden feel so light. Life's good again. You al

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 2nd 2011: I wrote this post a while ago and for some reason decided not to finish the thought.. I wish I had.. I think I was going somewhere profound with it.. Nonetheless, I am going to publish this half written post

No comments:

Post a Comment